Salzburg is situated on the northern edge of the Alps, close to the border of Germany. Surrounded by lakes and Mountains, few places can match its fairytale settings and few places can match its musical Heritage either. Salzburg is the hometown for one of giant sub classical Music. Salzburg is a world class destination for live musical performances. Each summer it holds famous Salzburg Festival but Salzburg remain busy all the year round with over 2000 live performances in churches and Palaces.
What to see in Salzburg??
- Mirabell Palace- Palace of the 16th century ,famous for its beautiful architecture and is listed in the world Heritage site list of UNESCO
- Hohensalzburg Castle- An 11th century fortress that sits on the top of hill ”Festungsberg”
- Hellbrunn palace- A 17th century Baroque Palace.
- Saltzburg Cathedral-16th century cathedral and now turned into museum
- Monchsberg- It is a mountain with cathedrals , museum and tons of Natural scenic beauty.
- Residenzplatz- A square built in 16th century.
- Saltzburg Residenz – It has beautiful Dutch paintings
- Stiftskirche Sankt Peter Saltzurg- It is an ancient abbey and also has museum
- Church of the holy trinity- It is a beautiful Baroque Church
- Mozartplatz- It is a public square with Mozart’s statue
Best Places for concerts and shows-
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre
- Grosses Festspielhaus
- Mozart in Residenz
- Mirabella Palace
Best Eats in Salzburg-
- Strudel – It is filled pastry and is one of a kind and delicious to eat
- Sachertorte- It is a rich chocolate cake with apricot jam
- Salzburger nokerl
- Mozart balls
- Pretzel bread
Salzburg is not a very big city, it can be explored on Foot ,So if you are looking for a place to stay ,you can opt for staying on the outskirts .some of the budget hotels are Villa Trapp, Haus Ballwein , Hotel Am Dom and Hotel Stein.